Giveaway & Review – Homicide in the House by Colleen J Shogan @cshogan276 @dollycas

Homicide in the House (A Washington Whodunit Book 2) - Colleen J. Shogan

Homicide in the House
(Washington Whodunit)

2nd in Series
Cozy Mystery
Camel Press (June 15, 2016)
Paperback: 258 pages
ISBN-13: 978-1603813334
goodreads-badge-add-plus

MY REVIEW

I love the cool cover created by Sabrina Sun for Homicide in the House by Colleen J Shogan.

Homicide in the House by Colleen J Shogan has so many elements that relate to our current political climate, I couldn’t help but be intrigued. Government shutdown. Political machinations. All decisions are compromised. Give to get. It’s not selling out your soul when you bend…not break. Representatives park themselves and build a kingdom. I could get on a rant, but let’s talk about the book.

Even though Homicide in the House by Colleen J Shogan is the second book in the Washington Wodunit series, I don’t feel my reading suffered from not having read Stabbing in the Senate first, where Kit was accused of murdering her boss. Will dead bodies follow her through Capitol Hill?

Right off, I like Representative Maeve Dixon and Kit, her right hand. When Maeve is suspected of murder, it is time for Kit to put her thinking cap on and begin her own investigation. Colleen kept me guessing who amongst the suspects was the guilty party.

Homicide in the House by Colleen J Shogan meets all the requirements for a cozy mystery: an amateur sleuth and her trusty friends. Some lovable and not so lovable characters along with a critter and easy reading and I would vote yes to adding this to your reading list.

I received a copy of Homicide in the House by Colleen J Shogan in return for an honest review.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 3 Stars

Click here to enter the giveaway.

• To see all my Giveaways, go HERE
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Thanks for visiting!