Giveaway – Breakwater by Catherine Jones Payne @cjonespayne @YABoundToursPR

Breakwater - Catherine Jones Payne

I love mermaids, so I was very excited to get my hands on this one.

I love the fabulous cover…and the story inside.

Cover by Kirk DouPonce

Amazon  /  Goodreads

Breakwater
by Catherine Jones Payne
Genre: YA Fantasy/Mermaids
Release Date: May 30th 2017
Fathom Ink Press

MY REVIEW

I love the gorgeous cover for Breakwater by Catherine Joyce Payne.

Oh…to be able to fly through the sea, jump with the dolphins, skim the sandy bottom of the ocean…

The writing is spectacular, so creative and descriptive that I am able to visualize things and they play like a movie in my ming. Imagine, if you will, a feeder being surrounded by sea horses instead of hummingbirds. Your garden is full of colorful coral instead of flamboyant flowers.

A dead naiad is the reason for Jade’s wedding being cancelled…by her.

“I’m here to report a murder.” – Jade.

The murder has drawn lines in the sand and there are threats and danger at every turn.

Jade is from a high caste in the mer society, unaware of the reality of life for those less fortunate than her. She wants to do the right thing, is friendly with those from a lower caste than herself and begins to learn that there is so much more to life than she ever thought possible.

The mers are the same as us, yet different…love, hate, political intrigue, betrayal, murder..Even mers face hard choices and sacrifice.

What a fabulous storyline. I didn’t anticipate the direction Catherine Joyce Payne would take with the story and I am loving everything, amazed at the originality and detailed descriptions.

The mystery is solved, but there is so much more of the story to be told and I am curious to see how Jade grows and develops.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Breakwater by Catherine Joyce Payne.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  4 Stars

Read more and enter the giveaway HERE.

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: http://www.fundinmental.com/giveaway-breakwater-by-catherine-jones-payne-cjonespayne-yaboundtourspr