Monday Mini Review – Born A Crime by Trevor Noah @Trevornoah

Born a Crime - Trevor Noah

I have been watching Trevor Noah on The Daily Show for some time now and when I saw he had a book out, I had to have it. I checked it out from the library and I was not disappointed.

Cover Design:  Greg Mollica

Publisher: Spiegil & Grau/Penguin Random House

Born a Crime: Stories From a South African Childhood

Amazon  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

Trevor Noah is a prime example that how you grow up is no excuse. He shows that you can be whatever you want to be. He is livingthe American Dream after growing up in Africa during Apartheid.

I couldn’t help but laugh at his childhood antics. I love that nothing crushed his personality, his ability to make fun of life. Him and his mother are an amazing pair. Their life was rich in love and experience.

“We had a very Tom and Jerry relationship, me and my mom. She was the strict disciplinarian, I was naughty as shit.”

His mom, Gotta love her. They laughed in the face of death. His mother is an amazing woman. Strong, stubborn, confident, determined. I love how she ‘worked the system and if you read these essays you will wonder if you could do the same.

I laughed with them, I was angry for them and I deeply respect their ability to rise above the horror they lived in.

You don’t want to miss these fabulous essays.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 4 Stars

READ MORE HERE

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • animated smilies photo: animated animated.gif
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • I am an Amazon affiliate/product images are linked.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: http://www.fundinmental.com/monday-mini-review-born-a-crime-by-trevor-noah-trevornoah