Monday Mini Review – Sleeping Beauties by Stephen & Owen King #StephenKing #OwenKing

Sleeping Beauties: A Novel - Stephen King, Owen King

Pretty cool cover for Sleeping Beauties by Stephen & Owen King.

Publisher:  Simon & Schuster

Sleeping Beauties

Amazon  /  Audible  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

Sleeping Beauties is a collaboration between Stephen & Owen King, so I don’t expect it to be a Stephen King ‘original’. That being said, I did enjoy the story, but was left wondering if Stephen has lost his mojo or is in semi retirement. I hope not, because I have read a vast majority of his work and would love to have more of the old stuff. What gripped me most about the book, is the importance of the women. Hey guys, take a listen here. BUT, women without men, or vice versa, is not a workable solution to any problem. This fantasy exposes human failings, sharing their hopelessness, sadness, anger and rage, good and bad, and every emotion you can imagine. In the end, we do the best we can. There are plenty of characters for you to love and hate, but be careful, your favorite may not survive.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 4 Stars

GOODREADS BLURB

In a future so real and near it might be now, something happens when women go to sleep; they become shrouded in a cocoon-like gauze.

If they are awakened, and the gauze wrapping their bodies is disturbed or violated, the women become feral and spectacularly violent; and while they sleep they go to another place.

The men of our world are abandoned, left to their increasingly primal devices. One woman, however, the mysterious Evie, is immune to the blessing or curse of the sleeping disease.

Is Evie a medical anomaly to be studied, or is she a demon who must be slain?

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • animated smilies photo: animated animated.gif
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • I am an Amazon affiliate/product images are linked