I Wanted To Love Watcher In The Woods By Kelley Armstrong @KelleyArmstrong

Watcher In The Woods - Kelley Armstrong

Don’t ya just hate when you read a book by an author you love and don’t love it? such was the case with Watcher in the Woods by Kelley Armstrong.

My thanks go out to NetGalley and St Martins Press for a review copy.

Watcher in the Woods (Rockton, #4)

Amazon / Audio / Goodreads

MY REVIEW

She hadn’t seen her sister, Casey, in three years, but now she needs her help. She had always been subservient, seeking her sister’s approval. She didn’t have boyfriends because she killed her last one. And now…Rockton, here she comes.

Casey lives with Eric Dalton, the Rockton sheriff and is a homicide detective herself. If you have to run for help, this is a good duo to have on your list.

The Yukon is a wilderness and a great place to hide out.

There is something a little bit off about Rockton. I am ambivalent about their voting practices, among other things. The town has a dystopian feel to it, it’s secretiveness and it’s isolation, running on it’s own set of rules.

The characters, good and bad, all have their part to play, showing their reasons for being there. Definitely not the guy/girl next door. Everyone knows everyone so who is that guy, the U S Marshal who thinks he can waltz into town and take one of their residents?

Kelley Armstrong is an author very familiar to me. I see her name, I pick up her book. So simple. I’ve read numerous books by her, but this is the first one I have reviewed. And it’s a hard one.

There is a mystery…yes. It’s obvious there will be more books. Did I miss something by reading out of order? The story does seem to be complete. All that being said, Watcher in the Woods fell a little flat for me.

I love Kelly Armstrong’s writing and I did enjoy reading Watcher in the Woods, so I will definitely grab her next book.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Watcher in the Woods by Kelley Armstrong.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos3 Stars

READ MORE HERE

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • I am an amazon affiliate/product images are linked.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: http://www.fundinmental.com/i-wanted-to-love-watcher-in-the-woods-by-kelley-armstrong-kelleyarmstrong